I've wanted to learn to knit for awhile now. I've been especially inspired by Katie's blog Philigry and Soulemama. I finally decided to get a book and just try. Not so bad so far! I can cast on, knit, and purl. I'm making a simple dishtowel to start, but I hope to do something more advanced soon!
I use google noteboook to keep track of all the great ideas I find online, but I'm still not sure it is the best way for me to organize everything. I decided it would help me to focus if I had most things on one list. This way when I want to make something I can just check the list and see what sounds fun!Sew
Crafty To Dos
Crafty To Dos
- figure out how to cut straight...
- oven mitts & pot holders (here and here and here)
- booties (for kelly mccaleb's project)
- recieving blankets (for kelly mccaleb's project)
- pajama pants (from In Stitches by Amy Bulter)
- purse for me (i have to choose???): pleated beauty handbag from amy karol's book, pillowcase bag, wasp bag, birdie sling, in LOVE with this one, but my sewing skills aren't there yet...
- knitting needle/crochet hook roll
- waldorf doll (i loved making these as a kid) and/or nutcracker doll from alicia paulson's book
- baby legs
- coasters & placemats to match
- bedside book cozy
- continue practicing & learning the lingo
- eventually sweaters like katie makes!
- resume practicing & learn the lingo
- booties from kelly mccaleb
- piece together my baby quilt kit from kelly mccaleb