Tuesday, September 29, 2009

toast



i know...i know... this is a goofy modely pose, but we were in a HUGE hurry to get a few pictures and my smile was all goofy in every single one. this was the solution. plus my husband thought i looked hot...so there!

on to the knitting! i made these wrist warmer's for Jess' birthday and i LOVE how they turned out.



I continue to struggle with knitting in the round on dpns and i also bound off too tightly, but luckily this yarn is very forgiving and blocked up nicely. i did have to go back on a few spots and reinforce the stitch because it was too big, but mostly it was just fine.

this is the nicest yarn i have ever knit with and i LOVE it. it is really, REALLY soft. too bad i can't afford it for everything i make!



gotta have one in-progress shot...

details:
pattern - toast free on ravelry!
yarn - Sublime Yarns Extra Fine Merino Wool DK in dusty grey (18)
...also detailed on my ravelry page

6 comments:

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Oh so pretty! I love that color grey - it's perfect for fall.

jenni said...

perfect!

Holly and Everest said...

Once you start using nice yarn it's hard to go back...

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Those are beautiful and look so warm. I'm off to check out that pattern...

Grant Factor said...

Uhhh... you are SO WICKED HOT in that first picture! I just had to say it. I'll creep back to Our Little Life now...

Philigry said...

they look great! I hate double points too, so i found really small circular needles, about 8 inches long. you can knit in the round without double points, and it is great!