Friday, January 18, 2013

Quin's Quilt


quin's quilt

I saw this quilt on pinterest and fell in love. I liked the simplicity and decided to make a version to celebrate a dear friend's new baby girl.  Forgive these pictures - we went to Missouri to meet Baby Quin in early December and I was literally binding the quilt at their house... My goal was to finish it by her October due date..oops! I hadn't taken pictures of it and realized it as we were heading out to the airport on the way home. Edrie thought it was her play mat...

quin's quilt

quin's quilt

I used the colors of Quin's Nursery - two shades of pink and basic white for the 'gingham' front and did a one piece back with a little embroidery.

quin's quilt

quin's quilt

The 'welcome' is in a fun font and I like how it kind of hides in the busy dot fabric of the back. 

quin's quilt

I quilted it simply about 1/4 inch from the ditch in both directions. We hadn't washed it when I took these pictures, but Lainey said it crinkled up nicely. Sweet darling baby girl - I hope she enjoys this quilt for a long time. We can't wait to see her (and her parents) again!! 

quin's quilt

No comments: